Call for Speakers -- March 6, 2014 Symposium
The key to a great conference is great presentations.
Please help make the New York symposium a great event by submitting a speaking proposal by October 28, 2013 for a 20 or 30-minute presentation or solution spotlight or 5-minute lightning talk. Late submissions will be considered on a space-available basis. Each form is described in a section below.
Presentation proposals from end users, analysts, researchers, and consultants in one of the areas that follow are especially welcome, but we will happily consider all proposals. We do aim for a "no sales pitch" policy to discourage product focused presentations although in order to accommodate sponsors, who make the symposium financially viable, we are reserving abbreviated presentations slots for higher-level sponsors.
Note that we expect to receive MANY presentation proposals and will be able to accept only a fraction of the talks proposed. We will not accept any basic, "This is Sentiment Analysis" type talks.
Please submit your proposal by Monday, October 28, 2013. We will aim to notify you in early November whether your proposal is accepted. Selected speakers -- one per presentation (except lightning talks) -- will receive a free conference pass for their own use.
Priority presentation topics include:
- Exploiting emotion, mood, attitude, and intent
- Crowd-sourced analytics
- Speech analytics
- Detecting emotion via facial analysis
- Influence and advocacy: sentiment and social networks
- Identity resolution and entity analytics
- Sarcasm, slang, idiom, and irony
- The sentiment software/services marketplace
- Visual analysis
Solution spotlights profile particular applications or industries. Example topics include:
- Brand and reputation management
- Customer Experience Management, customer service, customer support
- Enterprise Feedback Management: Surveys, e-mail, contact center, warranty claims, ...
- Financial markets and trading strategies
- Market research
- Marketing and public relations
- Media analysis and tracking
- Policy and politics
- Sentiment and Search
- Social media analysis
- Voice of the Customer / Employee / Patient / Market
Lightning Talks/Start-Up Showcase
If you're from a solution provider -- a start-up or established vendor -- and haven't presented a sentiment-symposium lightning talk in the last year, please consider submitting a proposal. Lightning talks are 5-minute presentations/demos of your sentiment analysis technology, solution, or service. Just use the form to tell us who you are and what you propose to demonstrate. Click here to proceed to the proposal form.
NB to present a lightning talk you must be a paid attendee or sponsor, but you are welcome to register after you talk has been accepted.